If your subscriber/newsletter receiver after reading your email pressed the “Spam” button – it is spam. And it is almost nothing to do with it… However, the majority of receivers can simply not to notice your email – it will automatically be transferred into the spam folder. Do you often check it? As for me, I clean it without opening.
An email service or email client which your customer uses (Gmail.com, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.) has a spam filter. A spam-filter is an algorithm which takes a decision when analyzing your email (text and heading), whether it is spam or not. Being aware of criteria on which the spam filter works, you can act in such a way, so your email would avoid the spam folder and the person will see it.
Here are some tips from UpSite.top:
- Do not purchase the email bases and do not use them in your newsletters.
- In the email topic, do not write separate words or a whole topic with UPPERCASE letters.
- Do not use in the email topic many question marks, exclamation marks, special symbols: hearts, pluses, etc.
- Do not use words and word-combinations in the email topic related to money: “Buy”, “Earn”, “Money”, “Discount”, “Sale”, “Free”.
- Do not write in the headings any sums of money of any currency (£99, $3, etc.).
- Do not send emails from the addresses like “no-reply@” or “noreply@”.
- Do not send emails from free email services addresses like gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc. Send emails from your domain, like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the email text, it is better to call a recipient by name.
- Do not use in the text pasting of text fragments with bright colors: yellow, red, green, and others.
- Do not send pictures instead of text. Your whole email cannot be in the picture.
- Refuse “dangerous” word-combinations: press here, earn here, buy here, 1 hour free, etc.
- Do not use more than two domains in links and email addresses. For example, if an email will be sent from email@example.com, and the email text will have a description of a website spaniels.com – there is a risk that such an emails would be considered as spam. To prevent such a threat, an email is to be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not insert links in the format www to the email text (www.link.com). If it is necessary for you to lead your reader to a website, insert a hyperlink via tag <a href=“www.link.com”>Link text</a>.
- Do not use services for links shortening in the email, like goo.gl, j.mp, bit.ly, etc. if it is necessary for you to insert a link to your email, use a hyperlink.
- Provide a link of unsubscribing, in order people, could easily unsubscribe your newsletter. Include this link to your every email.
Our team can handle the high-quality newsletter for your clients. All you need to provide is the material for sending, and our professionals will take care about the regular newsletter for your clients.